Monday, August 16, 2010

On gratitude & miracles

Our Baby, 11 weeks & 3 days


I've been feeling something lately, even before we found out about the bloodclot on Thursday, and I just have to get it out...

When Lou & I found out we were pregnant, accidentally and miraculously, my first thought was that we did not conceive this baby alone.  I just couldn't help but thinking over these past several weeks that there was more at work here. For the better part of two years now, Lou & I had been trying to have a second child. And as soon as we made our struggle public, as soon as we asked for help, and as soon as we gave up - that's when it happened.  When we lost Camille, there was such an outpouring of support from so many people that we didn't even know cared. We received so many cards, and emails, and messages that we were just overwhelmed with gratitude.

I really couldn't wait to share the news about this baby because ever since that moment I got this positive pregnancy test, I felt like this isn't just our baby.

This baby was conceived out of the wishes, dreams, hopes and prayers of all of you!

This baby is here because so many of you didn't give up hope when Louie and I had.

And because we all worked together to create this little life, I really do believe we can all work together to keep this baby safe.

Please keep those wishes, dreams, hopes and prayers coming. They've created a miracle before and they can do so again!

8 comments:

Nick and Kelly Robbe said...

We are all here for you guys! There is so much good energy around you and your friends and I believe that if we all pull together and stay very positive about this we CAN make a miracle! Love love love you.

Uncle Bruce and Aunt Sue said...

Yes, just told your Mom I am still praying and will continue to do so!!!!!!!!

Grandma Peggy said...

You are so right about everyone who sends the positive thoughts and prayers and surrounds you with love and good energy that you will have that miracle again. You might not be my "family" per say but you are loved and thought of as if you were. Stay strong and believe in miracles, they really do happen!

Melissa said...

You all are in our prayers. Miracles can, do and will happen! You're an amazing family and so strong! Love you :) Missy & Eleanor

Carrie Schmitt said...

Okay, that is just one of the most beautiful things I've ever read in my entire life (and I was an English Major!) "This baby was conceived out of the wishes, dreams, hopes and prayers of all of you!" Now I have to paint that. What a lovely story to tell this baby. You just might have to write it into a little book to read to that baby, too. It is powerful and your baby can always come back to that power throughout his or her life. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Carri,

This was such a beautiful, well-written entry - I couldn't help but tear up. You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers and I am sooooo happy you are pregnant. I continue to pray that your baby stays safe and continues to grow and before you know it, you will be holding this precious miracle in your arms. Stay strong! Hugs!

Cindy Davidson

Anonymous said...

Carri, the prayers are flowing for your family and this baby. We are praying hard for you. We love you guys. laurie

Missy Tepe said...

Wow, what powerful words! You really do have so many people praying for your family, including us! You are an amazing family of 4
:)