Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Bursting with JOY!

Our Baby, 12 weeks / 2 days
This morning we had our first trimester ultrascreen at Good Sam Hospital (check for genetic abnormalities). It's been scheduled for weeks but took on much greater significance with the discovery of the bloodclot last week. So, what was supposed to be a routine test ended up being an extremely agonizing situation.  I've been taking things very easy over the past several days in hopes that the clot would shrink and today we got the BEST news we could've expected.

The baby was jumping around like crazy! S/he has a strong heartbeat and is measuring right on target at 12 weeks and 2 days.  What's more - there was no sign of the bloodclot at all!!!

There really are not words to describe how we feel right now.  There have been some really tense and heart-breaking moments over the last week and this is more than we could have hoped for.

Thank you so much to everyone for all of the support and well-wishes. Really.  We were able to get through the last several days because we knew how many people we had pulling for us. 

As I said in my last post, this baby is here for all of us.  Thank you for all the love. Trust me, we feel it!

*

In other extremely happy news:
  • The case that was going to send Louie to California tonight through Saturday just settled!
  •  We had Josie's "Meet the Teacher" night at school last night and we are all three so excited! It was perfect! Her teachers are incredible! The school is beautiful! She completely gelled with her little classmates, and we completely gelled with the parents. Truly, the school feels like an extension of our home, our philosophies, and all that is important to us.  Josie starts school next week!
  • We are Chicago-bound early tomorrow morning! My sister is being induced at 7:30am! Baby Jack is coming soon!  Over the last week, I was faced the possibility of giving up another baby. Facing the possibility of missing the birth of Baby Austin was a little more than I could handle. I am just so grateful that Lou's case settled, our baby is safe, Baby Jack waited, and it looks like we are going to make it after all. (Please keep my sister in your thoughts for a safe, healthy, and happy labor and delivery!)

5 comments:

Molly B. said...

Happy Happy Happy! I'm bouncing in my seat in front of my computer in my cubicle! YAY!!!

FourAustins said...

Oh HAPPY DAY....doing a little dance - singing a lil' song - Oh HAPPY DAY!!!!!!!!!
XOXOXOXOXO!!!!
...okay so a couple of tears are also involved! As I sit here watching Little Women and thinking about the meaning behind this movie for you...words can not begin to explain the joy I am feeling right now!!!

Anonymous said...

You deserve all this good news! I'm so glad things are going in a positive direction for you and your family. Enjoy your pregnancy and enjoy your new nephew!

Cindy Davidson

Catherine said...

Absolutely THRILLED for you! Your baby bean looks super adorable! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news, I am so glad to hear all this. We are sending our thoughts and prayers to the new baby Austin as well. Keep us posted. Enjoy your weekend, can't wait to hear all about it and see the photos of Josie's first day of school. Take care, and keep resting don't over do it. Laurie.