Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Who needs fireworks anyway?

Since the Fourth of July holiday is the whole reason we were able to get together in the first place, I thought I'd start with these photos.  I also love these because we are beyond-thrilled to be a part of a family-centered neighborhood. (Don't get me wrong, we loved the city but this is something totally different!)  Here are some pics from our neighborhood parade and BBQ/Pool Party.  We were amazed to see just how many young families live in our neighborhood, and we met lots of kids Josie's age that are sure to become buddies over the years.  And, what's more - we had my whole family there to share the fun!  Here are some of my favorite pics from the 4th! (Special thanks to Grandma Marilee for the matching holiday outfits & swimming suits. And to Grandma "Fifi" for the blackberry cobbler that was the hit of the dessert table!)

Awesome park (that we just discovered) just a couple of blocks from our house! And check out those festive outfits!

Two peas in a pod!
 Look - our neighborhood has trees! And families! And a local fire company that spends their fourth leading a parade of kids and then ceremonially throws their rookies into the pool! And did I mention all the kids?!
Pool Party!
My favorite pic of the day!
And, now for the sad part... (Please don't tell anyone in our neighborhood that we were "those people" who brought our sick kid to the BBQ.) Josie totally had a fever most of the weekend, which you can see above didn't slow her down too much. BUT it definitely caught up to her about an hour into the party when she literally passed out in her baked beans and then finished her nap on this shady swing with her daddy.
 Here's the many more holidays in East Walnut Hills!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures, and I can't get over how tall Lyla is next to Josie. I love the matching outfits. The pic of her and Louie on the star float is priceless. I hope Josie is feeling better by now, bless her heart. I am so glad you have a new neighborhood and will start another journey in your life with a ton of memories to build. Keep posting the photos. Laurie

Catherine said...

So excited and happy for you guys. It sounds like you are all in just the right place! :) Can't wait to come visit!!