Thursday, July 16, 2009

Wedding Weekend

On Saturday, we went to the wedding of our good friend Kelly to our soon-to-be good friend Nick. I think Josie got swept up in all the excitement of seeing us dressed up, because she decided to play a little dress-up herself. Grandma & Granddaddy arrived to find Josie clicking around the house in my heels.
And I'm really hoping this photo captures how hilarious this moment actually was. Carissa (who was there to watch Josie while the rest of us went to the wedding) was sitting on the couch to Josie's right and I was on the chair to Josie's left. Grandma & DD were standing up. We were all just standing there talking and then Carissa pointed to Josie who had silently put herself up on the couch, covered herself in a blanket, grabbed a bear, and put on a hair bonnet from her doll clothes collection -- all while wearing Grandma's heels. She was just sitting there silently kind of nodding along like she was involved in the grown-up conversation. Luckily my camera was sitting right next to me, so I was able to snap this little gem.
Kelly & Nick's wedding was a blast! Aside from "Tia and Tio," I've honestly never seen two people more happy at their wedding. I have no doubt whatsoever that Kelly and Nick have many, many, many years of happiness ahead of them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great picture of you and Kelly. I love the picture of Josie on the couch. How cute is she. Laurie

FourAustins said...

Josie will most definitely be our #1 source of entertainment while in FL..can NOT wait to see her live and in action!!!