Thursday, December 30, 2010

Blog & Baby Updates!

Well, a couple of updates for you my friends...

1. Who knew you could actually run out of photo storage on a blog?! As it turns out, I did. Just moments ago as I was uploading the Christmas pictures. I decided to fork over the $5 annual upgrade for more storage (I'll have one less Venti Non-fat Vanilla Half-Caf Latte in 2011 to make up for it) BUT you all have to wait 24-48 more hours before google processes the change and allows me to post more photos. They are good photos, but I think you can manage...

2. In much more important news, after showing possible signs of preterm labor and having those signs confirmed by one of men I trust most on the planet (yep, right there behind my husband and my dad sits my OBGYN), I am now on full bedrest until this little Bunny decides to make her grand entrance. Blech!  The good news is that bedrest should work and keep this little bun cooking for the few more weeks she needs to stay in the oven long enough to be able to breathe on her own. (I'm 31 weeks now & have to get to at least 34 to avoid putting little Roly Poly through a long NICU stay and will be pretty much out of the woods if we get to 36.)  And, while the anxiety/shock/agony/panic/freak-out meltdowns are inevitable (and not always predictable) we are okay.  We'll get through this like we've gotten through everything else - the first trimester fears of a couple who has lost three babies, the insane nausea, the bloodclot & threatened miscarriage at 12 weeks, the incompetent cervix & threatened miscarriage at 20 weeks, the weekly ultrasounds & modified bedrest from 20-26 weeks, the high blood sugar diagnosis at 29 weeks (oh man, I think I forgot to ever mention that here on the blog but suffice it to say here that I literally only passed my glucose test by one point), the modified diet starting at 30 weeks, and the preterm labor signs and strict bedrest now at 31 weeks.  I'll post more about what this all means in the coming days/weeks. Trust me, I'll have plenty of time on my hands - especially since I've decided to follow doctor's orders and not return to work like I had planned on doing on Tuesday.  In the meantime, we gladly welcome your positive energy, good vibes, loving thoughts, well-wishes and prayers. Thanks.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

So sorry honey. Sending all my best of the best vibes your way. Keep cooking little girl!

Lori Holcomb said...

Had both of mine @ 36 weeks and they are healthy, strong, wiggly kiddos. Hang in there! You've been through an Iron*wo*man pregnancy and the finish line is in sight. Sending positive, happy thoughts and prayers your way!!