Wednesday, September 22, 2010

More Baby News

After yesterday's ultrasound and dr's appt, we have lots of wonderful news to report:
  • If you didn't hear already, it's a GIRL!  My favorite thing about getting the news is that the ultrasound tech told us by saying "Josie is getting a baby...SISTER!"  Hearing it that way gave me chills and tears and a rush of lots of happy memories of having a little sister myself.  
  • Even more important than the bonus gender news was the "healthy, strong and well-developing" baby news.  We've heard lots of heart-breaking news in that ultrasound room, so this was an unbelievable moment of joy, relief and gratitude!
  • I'm now at the 17 week mark and can hardly believe it.  This all just makes it feel so real now.  Lou and I had lunch at Ambar afterward (yum) and somewhere over our mango lassi we kinda looked at each other and said "oh wow, this is really happening!"
And I absolutely could not wait to tell Josie.  Who, until this moment, was hoping there was a baby bunny in there.  (And regularly told me that I had a boy in my tummy and she had a girl in hers.) Here's the video of us telling Josie.  (And a couple more photos from our "tell the world" photo-shoot.) He reaction is pretty priceless. So I'm so glad we captured it! Enjoy!



Oh - and to answer what has already been the most frequently asked question - we don't have any names picked out - but we are leaning toward one. It's a secret though and it will remain that way until we're holding that little girl in our arms in February.  Until then, we'll be referring to her as "bunny."  :)

Thanks to everyone for sharing this wonderful journey with us - the highs & the lows. As I said before, this baby belongs to all of us because we all helped bring her here!

And one more thing - we would love for you to leave your comments here. We print the blog into a hard-bound memory book at the end of every year & I'd love for our little girls to read your comments one day. Thanks!

4 comments:

Grandma Peggy said...

That is fantastic! I can see that Ms Josie is very very excited! Can't wait until February.....that's a great month by the way for a birthday!:)

Carrie Schmitt said...

Yay! I laughed and cried when I watched this video. I loved hearing you all talk about and celebrate this wonderful addition to your family. I love you all! It's been an honor to witness and share your journey with you. You are so blessed. And you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you all. I voted wrong, I thought for sure a boy. I am so happy for all of you. Laurie

Nick and Kelly Robbe said...

So excited for everyone! Mostly for Josie who will get to experience the best thing in this world...the love of a sister! You will be the best big sister Josie! Bunny will love you and want to be just like you! Love, Kelly and Nick