Thursday, August 12, 2010

A reality check we could do without! (8/12/10, 4pm)

Well, the tide has turned a bit. I have a blood clot near the baby's placenta. I started having spotting this morning and our doctor squeezed us in for an ultrasound this afternoon. The baby looks healthy & strong but the next couple of weeks are critical. I've got to just rest, wait, and take it easy. Keep us in your thoughts everyone!!! We'll take all the love, good vibes, prayers, etc that we can get.  I'm 11 weeks and 3 days today.

Here are the specifics:
http://www.justmommies.com/articles/subchorionic-hematoma.shtml

3 comments:

Catherine said...

:( Oh honey, I"m so so so sorry that you are dealing with this! I was diagnosed with this with Isla at 18 weeks, which freaked me out because it is supposedly an early pregnancy thing, but it righted itself by the next month. I know that an anecdotal story is worth crap when you are dealing with it, but the doctors kept assuring me that this is really common, etc. and usually just goes away in a few weeks. But rest rest rest are the keys to this! I'm sending you all my best wishes for you and your baby. Stay strong, Carri.

Anonymous said...

Oh Carri, I am praying for you and the baby. Stay strong, and get lots of rest. We love you, Laurie

Lori Schum-Holcomb said...

I will keep praying and sending positive thoughts your way. From one mama who survived two high risk pregnancies and two pregnancy losses, I can honestly say I've felt your anxiety and walked in your shoes. My little Madilyn is a "we've given up and aren't going to try anymore" miracle. Miracles like yours do happen!! - even with unexpected bumps in the road. I wish I knew someone like you with the courage to share their journey with other mamas when I was going through mine.