Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Quick Quotes

Josie, yelling down the stairs to Louie after walking past the laundry room that houses the litter box: "Daddy, you need to change Venus' Glitter Box."
(That box is a lot of things, but it definitely isn't glitter!)

Josie to Louie & I after seeing the post on Four Austins about Lyla sleeping in her big girl bed...all night...by herself:  "Why does Lyla sleep by herself? Why doesn't she sleep with her mommy? I sleep with you."  Me: "Well Josie, most kids sleep in beds by themselves.  You're one of the only kids I know that sleeps with a mommy or daddy."  Josie: "I will sleep by myself though...when I'm older...maybe like 40."
(Oh, Heaven help us! I thought maybe I'd get a night of solid sleep sometime before then...)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL Carri, I hope you get a restful nights sleep before that. Laurie

FourAustins said...

Hilarious!!!!!

Catherine said...

LOL! That girl of yours is a hoot!! Don't worry, Brandon's little sister, Mollie, slept with her parents until she was 12. Now she's getting married in a few months! :D I REMEMBER her sleeping in her parents room, too. I feel OLD.

Charissa Talsma said...

Violet slept in her own room for a while before and right after Miles was born, and is now falling asleep in her room, but joining us in our room in tears somewhere between 2 & 4 in the morning. We feel your pain...