Monday, June 28, 2010

Little earthquakes

There's no better way to put it - sometimes I have to just be gentle with myself and remember that I've been through a helluva lot in the last year.  So, this morning when a seemingly minor thing sent me into quite a downward spiral, I just have to remember where I've been and let myself go back to grief for a little while.  It was as simple as a trip to the dentist.  And I hadn't even remembered that I wasn't able to have xrays when I was there last because I was newly pregnant.  And it was the realization on their faces when they checked my chart, did the quick math and realized something didn't add up.  And that's when I realized I would've been somewhere around 6 months pregnant right now...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending hugs your way! I love you.
Carrie Schmittie

Uncle Bruce and Aunt Sue said...

Oh, I'm sorry. Those little earthquakes, fortunately, are few and far between, but when they happen they do shake the inner most part of your being, don't they?!

KS

Anonymous said...

((hug)). I'm sorry, Carri. XO Cat