Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A weekend with friends

On Friday night, we got to spend another perfect evening with the Schmiit-Harrison family. After singing the praises of city living in a recent post, let me add the suburbs definitely have something to add to the summer - like front porch swings, slip-and-slides in the backyard, a shaded walk to the market to pick up some eggs, bike riding, stopping to play fetch with a neighborhood dog, chicken on the grill, homemade pesto from the herb garden (with a borrowed food processor from the kindly senior citizen next door who sells plants and flowers from his yard), and so forth. Here are Skylar, Josie & I on the swing. And here is Josie being entertained by Sky. Josie adores her! :) She was also quite impressed by Blane's stunts on the couch.
Thanks so much to Carrie & Bob for a delicious summertime meal. Josie loved the strawberries and chicken. But, her favorite of all was her first ear of corn. (Thanks to Ciara as well for recommending this as a potential favorite.) Could she be any happier?
She was having so much fun with it that I thought a video was definitely in order. Enjoy!


2 comments:

FourAustins said...

Just when I thought Josie was starting to resemble Louie...I take it back:) I think Josie could give dad and I a run for the money when it comes to corn on the cob!

Anonymous said...

Oh sweet. Laurie