Tuesday, July 8, 2008

More from the holiday weekend...

As promised, here is the rest of the report on the holiday weekend in addition to the actual 4th of July stuff in the post below.
So, we spent Friday & Saturday at Grandma & Granddaddy's house - not just for the sparklers performance and general quality time with the fam, but also for a quick trip to see Aunt Manda & Uncle Mike up the road. Since the weather was nasty, we got to hang out all day in our pajamas and teach Josephine some new tricks. And - after only a couple of days practice - here is Josie with her latest crowdpleaser - "SOOOOO BIG!"
And here she is showing Bella that she is "SOOOO BIG!"
And here she is showing us her "SOOO BIG AND SCARY" face....
I promise to get a "SO BIG" video uploaded soon. If I'm lucky she'll also do her patented trifecta that she invented herself which starts with a clap, moves into "SO BIG", and ends with her hands waving "BYE-BYE" from the "SO BIG" pose. Too funny!

I thought I'd include these next photos for two reasons. First, in case an older version of Josephine ever tries to tell us she doesn't like peas, I want to have pictoral evidence that she used to eat them like candy. Secondly, I think this series of photos is funny because it clearly shows a beginning, middle, and end.
Beginning: Grandma hands Josie her own plate of peas -
Middle - Josie happily eats the peas from her plate -
End - Josie sits in a puddle of peas & prefers eating the ones straight off the floor in favor of the ones on the towel or the plate. (Yummy.)
And while we're dining with Josie - I thought you might enjoy these two photos of Josie sharing her watermelon with a furry friend...
She's been feeding me for awhile now & apparently that translated to feeding Bella. They totally had a little plan worked out where Josie dropped scraps of chicken breast and potatoes on the floor or right into Bella's mouth. (And the next day when we were home she tried to feed a very uninterested Venus a handful of Cheerios.)
Here are a couple of photos from my mom's camera that I had to share. First is Josie in the Bengal's hat (Who Dey!) and just look at all those teeth!
And the funniest thing - my mom & dad brought up a photo of me when I was about Josephine's age. Here she is posing next to "me"...
And checking "me" out.
There really is quite a resemblance. We'll have to find a photo of "Baby Louie" to introduce her to soon.
Okay - that's all for now. I hope you all had a Happy Fourth! :)

No comments: