Saturday, March 22, 2008

Spring is here!?!

It's officially spring, but you wouldn't know it by walking outside. It was about 30 degrees today. But, we did have a couple of nice days this week so we got out for a few long walks and trip to Ault Park. But, before we get to Josie's first swing ride, let me share a few other things from this past week.
First of all, there are Josie's teeth. I've been trying like crazy to get a photo, but this was as good as I could get. You'll likely have to double click on the photo to supersize it and then you can see the big guy on your right and its friend popping through on the left. (Even then, it's not a great photo, but I'll try to get one head-on soon.) I don't know whether its a blessing or a curse that they came about the same time, but I can say that I feel like her sleeping routine just got back to normal from the first round and here we go again. Poor little thing. Since Josie enjoys dancing so much, we figured she'd probably enjoy making music, too. I introduced her to my drum (the first gift Louie ever bought me - 10 years ago) and she started banging on it right away. There is definitely a future drumming video coming soon. And Uncle Denny - if you're out there in blogland - this one's for you:
Now, on to Josie's first swing ride. There actually is a video, but silly me shot it with the camera held lengthwise & I can't figure out how to flip it for the blog, so a photo will just have to suffice. I'll admit, it was a little breezy up on the hill, so we didn't swing longer than a few minutes, but we definitely gave Josie a good sneak preview into years of being pushed by her daddy on the swings. Don't you love how she's holding on?
So, there's one more huge event to report before I sign off and try to get some work done. Drumroll please...Louie got Josie to bed without a bottle and without a tear. I hadn't even nursed her! Whoa! I was doing work the other night & they were playing and then he took her back to her room, and I thought he was just changing her diaper, until he returned about 20 minutes later sans Josie. He just danced her around her room to the new Jack Johnson CD and out she went. Very impressive! In other exciting sleep news, there were also 3 nights this week where I put her in her crib completely awake and she just played until falling asleep. And, get this - she took a 2 hour morning nap three days this week as well. I know?! Crazy, right? So, I'm really hoping that I haven't totally jinxed myself by putting this in print. Wish us luck.
Off to Xenia tomorrow for some Easter excitement, look for Josie in her first pretty spring dress coming soon to a blog near you. (Manda - remember how much we *loved* getting all gussied up for Easter - gloves and all?!)
Happy Easter everyone & Happy Spring!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the photos and she sure is enjoying the food. How cute is that picture. I love the swing picture as well. Laurie